I asked on the local Yahoo Group what the deal was with the amount of local fireworks. They are common in Mexico and I’m used to them on occasion … but in the two weeks I’ve been in Jocotepec it seems they never stop except in the middle of the night.
I really didn’t expect the most definitive answer … but it seems everyone wanted to joke about it.
Here’s the best answer from Georgia Nucci
Wait until January! You ain’t heard nothin’ yet.
Here are why fireworks are set off:
1. It may not be Joco … sound travels across the lake from all the little villages.
8. Virgins converted
9. Other conversions
10. Leftover cohetes
12. Just for the hell of it.
13. Announcing mass at the local church.
14. National feast days
15. National feast days on alternative days in small towns.
16. Telephone line connected.
17. CFE bill reasonable.
20. The arrival of Sparks to Joco.